Tuesday 23 October 2012

Gossip Girl: Dirty Rotten Scandals Recap/Review


I don't know if I'm enjoying Gossip Girl so much because it's a fun season or if it's because I'm watching it after I watch 9O21O. Whatever it is, the fact remains that I'm loving this season and to me it seems like it gets better with every episode. 'Dirty Rotten Scandals' definitely build on last week's episode, my only problem is that I feel like everything in this season should have happened during season 3 or 4 but we're here now so let's get on with it. This episode was all about Blair's first Waldorf Designs fashion show and rightfully so, we start off at the Waldorf Designs offices with Blair prepping for the show. But Blair's show is already falling apart as she needs an 'it girl' to star, I wonder who she could ask, hmmm... While Blair is planning, Serena (hmm...) is having family breakfast with Steven and Sage. Might I just say that Serena is way too young to have a bitchy step daughter, Sage needs to chill. Due to Sage's never ending bitch parade, Steven thinks that he and Serena should take a break, already! Although, Serena tells Steven that she'll mentor Sage and they can be besties forever. Good luck with that. At the Empire, Dan has been having sleepovers with Nate because Dan has had enough of waking up to Georgina staring at him. Also, Dan's new article is just about to launch on The Spectator website. We then catch up with Ivy and Rufus who are planning to tell Dan about their relationship, apparently Jenny already knows and has given her blessing, she would. But then Dan's article hits the web and it's all about Ivy and Rufus getting down and dirty. I guess there's no need to tell Dan after all. Back at Waldorf Designs, Jean-Pierre has the inspired idea of having Serena walk in the fashion show. What? Who would ever of thought? Speaking of Miss Popular, Serena has a talk with Sage as she walks her to school when Blair calls to ask Serena to star in the show. For some reason Serena is giving Blair all kinds of attitude, I'm Team Blair because she didn't do nothing wrong. During this call Sage gets in a cab and drives off, leaving her new family A.K.A. Serena, in the dust. Then there's this really fun scene in which Blair gets really stressed out and faints cause her mother is always watching. Blair being stressed reminded me of myself, I understand how she feels.



Serena is then on the hunt for Sage, she searches Gossip Girl to find her at a restaurant but it's too late, Sage has already flown the coup and left Serena with the check. Sage is a little bitch, that's what she is. The doctor gives Blair a call at the offices and tells her that she needs some bed rest. I thought it was really funny when Blair said "I guess I'll have to deal with running my empire from my own sick bed," that's me running Teen Drama Heaven, you all are very welcome. Back on the Sage Search of 2012, Serena ends up at The Spectator offices where she finds Nate putting on his clothes. Why can't Nate date someone his own age for once? On her way out, Serena runs into Dan; he asks her if she's on a blackmail mission and she says "suck it Humphrey," I don't know why I enjoyed that so much, I just did. Apparently Dan's first article did really well, yay Humphrey! Rufus and Ivy then discuss Dan's article and Ivy tells Rufus that he's too good for his own good. I used to feel sorry for Ivy but now I just want Lily to take her down. GG Blast: Rufus Humphrey is suing Dan, Nate and The Spectator. That escalated quickly. Meanwhile, Blair (who has an IV drip in this scene, so funny) is still stressing out about the fashion show when she Skypes with Jean-Pierre, she also sees Nelly Yuki running around in the background. I didn't know that Nelly was gonna be in this episode too! Enter Chuck: It seems that Dorota called Chuck to help with the fashion show, the first nice thing he has done for her in a while. Serena is also performing a good deed when she agrees to ask Blair to let Sage walk in the fashion show. That Sage is just despicable, Serena needs to take her down.


Chuck gets everything set up for Blair cause he can read her like tea leaves or something and the fashion show is taking place at the same venue that the season 2 fashion show was at, I liked this. That's when Serena enters to ask Blair the favor from Sage. Blair agrees but Serena must sit front and center at the show, wear Waldorf Designs and gush about the line. Those terms seem reasonable. Serena's terms for Sage is that she starts caring about school again. Yeah, whatever Serena, who are you kidding? Blair's reactions are so funny in this episode, she is in fine form this episode.

I'm ready for the fashion show drama, bring it on! Blair seats Serena in the front row next to Nelly Yuki but seats Steven in the third row. Serena goes off about how disrespectful that is, not really cause you gotta have influential peeps in the front row not 7th Heaven rejects, duh Serena! GOD! I'm clapping for Blair, she is just amazing; I would have totally done the same thing if I were Blair and my best friend were Serena but my best friend isn't Serena (thank God) so I would seat her boyfriend beside her (you're totes welcome bestie!) However, Serena gets all huffy but no-one likes a "Debby downer or a Serena sabotage." After this, stuff happens between Dan and Rufus, then Rufus finds out that Ivy sent in the Gossip Girl blast that said Rufus was suing Dan. Uncool. Lets get back to the fashion show drama, Nate finds out that Dan has moved his article to Vanity Fair. Woops, Dan must have forgotten to mention that. Next, it's Sage's turn to take the catwalk and take off her clothes... Wait! What? That little tart ruins Blair's show by stripping down to her underwear. Right now I'm hoping that Blair takes her down. But she doesn't. Will someone perform a takedown please!?

When Nate finds Dan, he tells him to never come back to The Empire but Dan is prepared. No more sleepovers. Meanwhile, Chuck finds Bart's old bodyguard who gives him some information on what went down with Bart but the biggest clue so far is Lady Alexander. I'm sure we'll find out more later but I really don't want this secret to be too drawn out, I hope we find out soon (my guess is that we'll know by episode 5). Back outside the fashion show, Blair blames Serena for Sage's undressing while Serena blames Blair. How could Serena even blame Blair for this? Why would Blair want to ruin her own show? They then find out that he was Sage's doing.


Blair may be blaming Serena but Steven knows that it was Sage all along. Then, the most magnificent thing happens, Serena becomes the evil step-mother and I love it! Unfortunately for Blair, Nelly Yuki trashes her show but Chuck shows up to make her feel better. So you know how Sage is supposed to be punished and all? How the hell was she allowed to go see Nate? Steven is like the worst parent ever. Finally, there's this really nice scene between Dan and Nelly, she so obviously loves him but some skank walks up and Dan jumps at the chance to jump her bones. Maybe Nelly's advice has created a monster? I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to see more.

Overall episode score:-
Dirty Rotten Scandals = A-

7 more episodes to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment