Tuesday 20 November 2012

Gossip Girl: Where the Vile Things Are Mixtape



Last week, it was Frank Ocean. This week, it's the Australian indie rock band 'My Fiction' that are taking over 'Gossip Girl'. Three of their songs were featured on 'Where the Vile Things Are', and fit perfectly into the upbeat episode. The show seemed to be all about Aussie artists this week, as up-and-coming artist Tara Simmons was also featured. This episode provided many opportunities for great music moments and although I believe a few more songs could have been featured this week, I did love the songs that they did feature. I love that Gossip Girl is spending its last season doing what it's always done best; giving recognition to great artists.



Scene: Dan and Serena ride his Vespa
Song: My Fiction - Knives and Bombs

Scene: Dan and Serena play pool
Song: All Wrong and the Plans Change - Deals

Scene: Entrance to auction
Song: My Fiction - Trophy Kids

Scene: Chuck makes a bid
Song: My Fiction - Shanghai Surprise


Scene: Lily tries to buy back painting
Song: Tara Simmons - Be Gone

Scene: Dan and Selena eat chocolate strawberries
Song: Lemonade - Vivid

Scene: Ivy talks on the phone
Song: MNDR - Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment